Audioarts Lightning combines the best in a standalone console with the latest in modern conveniences such as USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
Lightning comes in 12- or 16-channel tabletop configurations and has a modular design with four channel input panels, and a Master/Monitor panel with linear faders for headphone and control room level control. All faders are conductive plastic and all switches are LED illuminated. Input channels have A/B source selection, with balanced line in for the A source and trimmable -10 to +4 line in on B.
Standard features include four stereo program buses, two auto mix-minuses for call-ins, four mic preamps with variable gain trim and switchable +48V phantom power, plus built-in headphone jack and CUE speaker amplifiers. Additional four channel mic preamp cards can be fitted if needed.
Lightning is designed for studios that have mostly microphone or analog source inputs, and where a lot of studio routing isn’t required. It doesn’t have the extensive A/D, D/A conversions of a typical digital board, yet you have access to editing software, Skype or other external sources through USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
USB and Bluetooth connectivity onboard is useful for playing audio directly from a PC or to output audio to edit in VoxPro or other recording software, as well as receive and record calls from Bluetooth enabled cellphones or play cuts from MP3 players.
The console also contains a patchable AES input for connecting a digital source to any fader, and built-in A/D conversion for the main program output so operators can access the Program Air feed as balanced analog, AES3 digital, or both simultaneously.
• Mainframes can be loaded with 12 or 16 inputs and always include two phone channels for trouble-free remotes and call-ins
• Module with two simple phone channels for trouble-free remotes and call-ins
• Two USB inputs/outputs
• Bluetooth connectivity
• AES input for connecting a digital source to any fader
• Switched VU meters
• Four stereo program busses with balanced outputs (switchable stereo or mono mode)
• Four high performance mic preamps with variable gain trims to precisely match your microphones and +48V phantom power (with the option to add more four-preamp modules)
• Electronic switching
• LED illumination
• Tabletop mount; compact frame
• Built-in cue speaker can automatically interrupt your main stereo monitors
• Split cue
• Headphone jack with built-in amplifier
• Built-in A/D conversion for digital or analog program out
• External input feeds the monitor section (for live air or pre-delay air monitoring)
• RJ-45 connectors for low-cost wiring
• Balanced or unbalanced inputs/outputs for consumer or professional grade equipment