COMREX STAC6 POTS Phone System
6-line System W/ Mainframe, One Control Surface, IP Screening Capability and Cables for North America
The telephone has always been essential to live broadcast. Studio Telephone Access Center (STAC) puts you in control of your talk shows, call-ins and phoners with great sound, ease of operation and scalable configuration.
STAC incorporates a pair of Comrex high-performance digital hybrids with automatic audio level control. The result is the most natural sounding telephone audio, even when conferencing multiple callers. A compact, rack-mounting mainframe houses the hybrids, the multiline controller and all telephone and audio connections.
The attractive, ergonomic control surfaces offer two operational modes, selectable with a flip of a switch:
- Studio/Producer Mode provides both pre-air and on-air caller management.
- Screener Mode simplifies the task of screening and queuing callers.
- Powerful call management can be quickly mastered with minimal training. A single control surface is included for basic operation. For more demanding programming, up to four control surfaces may be used.
Call screening and control are available from any networked computer, using a standard web browser, with the included STAC IP. With STAC IP, your talent can host their shows from anywhere there is an Internet connection or you can economically create more control points from any computer on your local network. No additional computer is needed to serve the STAC IP webpage, as it is served from the mainframe. Your connections are secured by password protection and no dedicated client software needs to be installed. In addition to replicating the call status information on the control surfaces, STAC IP also provides fields for additional information about callers and text "chat" among those on your show network.
Innovative features include an Auto Attendant that automatically answers incoming callers with your custom message and puts them on hold; dedicated control surface buttons to designate the next caller to be placed on air and to activate an external recorder or delay; and program-on-hold audio.
The STAC12 mainframe and control surface are configured for 12 phone lines, while the STAC6 is configured for six lines. Expanding a STAC6 to a STAC12 in the field is quickly accomplished by installing a mainframe extension card and control surface "sidecars".
No matter what you're talking about, you'll be talking about quality, convenience and value when you put the Comrex STAC on the line.
Key STAC Features
- Dual, high performance digital hybrids for reliable, natural sounding caller audio, even when conferencing.
- Configurations for six and 12 phone lines. Easy to expand in field.
- Flipping a switch on the back of a control surface is all that is required to select Studio/Producer or Screener Mode.
- A standard web browser can be used on any locally networked or Internet connected computer for call screening and control.
- Auto Attendant for automatically answering incoming calls with your custom outgoing message. Call is answered after two or six rings, the message is played and, at the end of the message, the line is put on hold. If no message is recorded, lines will automatically be answered and put on hold. Function selected from control surface.
- Two phone lines can be assigned to VIP mode, removing them from the priority rotation and Auto Attendant. These can be reserved for placing outgoing calls and incoming hot lines.
- Selectable auto-disconnect of calls terminated by caller.
- Selectable automatic gain control for consistent levels on-air and send audio down the line to your callers. A separately controllable caller level boost may also be used.
- Talent maintains control using selectable caller ducking that lowers caller audio level when talent speaks.
STAC Mainframe Features
- No configuration required after initial installation. Set-up controls are behind an easy-access panel and include pots for level adjustments and DIP switches for configuring Auto Attendant, auto-disconnect, automatic audio gain control, VIP and other settings.
- Front panel features three bicolor LEDs indicating level status of audio input and hybrid levels.
- Telephone line connections provide loop-thru to other systems or telephone sets sensing loop-thru provided for PBX interconnection.
- Callers are conferenced within the STAC mainframe requiring only one mix-minus audio input to feed both hybrids.
- A separate audio input is used for program-on-hold.
- Each hybrid has an individual audio output to send to your audio mixing console or router.
- A third audio output sums the two callers with the host audio - great for connection to a recording device.
- Ethernet port allows the integrated web server to deliver call screening info and to control all call functions via STAC IP.