The GY-HC500SPCU is JVC's highest quality and most versatile sports production camera, capable of producing professional quality coverage of sporting events complete with score overlay and game clock. Scores can be input manually with a tablet, or automatically, straight from your facility's scoreboard with ScoreHub. Your camera produces the high resolution lower third graphics with network quality, and overlays them on pristine video that can be recorded and streamed directly from the camera. Coaches and team managers will take advantage of the camera's unique sports metadata capability and Sports Exchange recording format--compatible with DV Sport and XOS digital platforms.
The GY-HC500SPCU is part of JVC's widely acclaimed CONNECTED CAM™ family of products, ensuring unparalleled connectivity while delivering the highest broadcast quality HD and 4k images.
WATCH THE VIDEO
WATCH THE VIDEO
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 10-bit ProRes 422/422HQ/422LT at 4K resolution and 50/60p frame rates
recording to M.2 SSD**
- 4K UHD 30p/25p/24p 4:2:2 10-bit / 4:2:0 8-bit (150Mbps) and various HD recording to SDHC/SDXC card*
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- 1-inch (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality
- Clip Continuous Mode: This mode allows you to consolidate several rounds of start/stop recording into one clip.
- F11 Sensitivity
- Newly-developed 3-ring 4K lens with 20x zoom (f=28mm-560mm 35mm equivalent)
- 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- 4-inch high resolution LCD monitor
- LCOS Quad VGA viewfinder
- XLR audio connectors
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming
(4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20Mbps
- SRT (Secure Reliable Transport> and Zixi QoS Technology
- HEVC/H.265 encoding for streaming with 50% reduction in bit rate—or—contribution quality 4:2:2 10-bit streaming at up to 24Mbps (via optonal KA-EN200G)
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)for precise time code synchronization
* Recording media not included
** SSD media requires optional KA-MC100G media adapter.
Click to learn how to automate score entry from your facility scoreboard.
Score Overlays and Customization for Live Streaming and Recorded Video
- GY-HC500SPC offers lower-third score overlays for recorded or streamed HD video output without an external CG or production switcher.
- The camcorder comes with graphics pre-installed for a variety of sports, including football, basketball, baseball, football (soccer), ice hockey and others.
- The overlays are controlled using a browser-equipped device such as a tablet or smartphone.
- JVC's software utility lets customers upload team logos.
- If desired, the overlay can be placed over the streamed video only, leaving the recorded video without graphics.
- JVC has released PC application software which enables the user to store up to 30 team names and logo bitmaps within the camera.
Custom Full-Screen Overlays and Slideshows
- Add up to 50 full-screen custom graphics (PNG or JPG format) from an SD card to the GY-HC500SPC and store them in the camcorder for live streaming or recording in the HD mode.
- Overlays and slides are a perfect way to advertise your sponsors either as banners during the game, or full-screen at halftime.
- It's also a great way to introduce the team members via a pre-game slideshow.
Broadcast Info Overlay on HD Video and Streaming
- Designed for enhanced single-camera production, the GY-HC500SPC produces real-time broadcast information overlays for HD recorded video or streamed video without an external CG or production switcher. Lower-third graphic overlays are generated and controlled using a browser-equipped device, such as a tablet or smartphone. Overlay designs can be created in various language characters using JVC's SDP Generator (free software).
Note: This feature is not available in 4K or SD mode.
Seamless Interface with XOS Thunder HD™ and DVSport
- The integrated combination of JVC, XOS, and DVSport technologies enables sports organizations to add game play metadata with recordings from various camera angles—all synchronized with a single UTC time signal thus significantly reducing the time uploading practice and game footage. XOS Digital and DVSport are the leading providers of digital coaching technology.
ADVANCED CAMERA FEATURES
SRT: QoS (Quality of Service) Technology
SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) is an open source video transport protocol that enables the delivery of high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. SRT optimizes streaming performance across unpredictable networks with secure streams and easy firewall traversal, bringing the best quality live video over the worst networks. It accounts for packet loss, jitter, and fluctuating bandwidth, maintaining the integrity and quality of your video.
SRT provides end-to-end security, resiliency and dynamic endpoint adjustment based on real-time network conditions to deliver the best video quality at all times on any network.
SRT is built-in and can be dynamically adjusted for optimal stream performance and quality. Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) is included with SRT. End-to-end 128/256 bit AES encryption makes sure your content is protected from contribution to distribution.
Clip Continuous Recording
- This function enables you to store a number of shots together as a single clip file. Instead of having to manage enormous amounts of files, or browsing through dozens of separate files just to gather up the scene you need, you can use pre- grouped clips for easier transfer and editing.
- The Sports Video Interoperability Group made "Exchange Format 1080p/720p" that allows video and metadata to be used across different applications.