Ross Inception News
Inception is our browser-based newsroom content and editorial system that places social media integration right into the center of news production, and encourages content collaboration by being designed to work anywhere, from the newsroom to the field.
Bring Ideas to Life
- Craft your stories from an idea to a finished product using an idea-centric workflow that allows your entire team to collaborate on content and snapshot stories as the idea evolves.
- Choose among flexible workflows that best fit your organization, instead of being limited to a single way to work.
- Plan and organize your work with assignments that capture metadata and attach research materials and contacts to become the central hub of your news organization.
- Bring context to your stories with content-based instant messaging.
Have a Conversation
- Go beyond television: create and publish content to your website and social media platforms directly from the news environment.
- Bring social media content into your productions with tickers, crawls, and user generated content as part of the broadcast. Engage your audience with social media polling and real-time results rendered right on-screen.
Connect Everything Together
- Get your job done in the field using modern browser-based technology that is easy for reporters to access from anywhere in the world on their PC’s, Macs and iPads.
- Automate news playout and make your production more consistent with a powerful integration to the Ross OverDrive automated production control system. Record, encode, and automatically deliver content for social media and the Web directly from the broadcast with OverDrive QuickTurn.
- React more quickly to breaking news. Build graphics on the fly, and allow your reporters to tell the entire story.
- Populate graphics templates and link video and image content directly in the news environment with a tight integration to Ross Video’s XPression graphics engine.
- Drive social media playlists and on-air polling with data sourced from the Inception platform.
The world has changed. It’s faster paced, and we’re bombarded with more information than ever before. In order for news organizations to succeed, they must adapt to the quickly evolving world of social media, and find new ways to plan and organize their content.
News productions must also leverage new platforms, no longer is it acceptable to simply broadcast over the air. To reach the broadest audience, you need to produce content for all mediums, including broadcast, the Web, and social media in order to be successful. You need to engage your audience in a way that was never possible until now.
You need a modern newsroom system designed to solve these challenges. Inception is that platform.
Whether you are looking for a first time editorial management system, or you are looking for a modern replacement of an existing system, Inception is designed to make your team more productive, more connected, and reach your entire audience.