The TASCAM HS-20 is a professional solid-state audio recorder and player, built for the needs of network-connected installations. Reliable recording and playback can be controlled, accessed, and scheduled from an internet connection, allowing remote access without visiting the site.
Recording and playback can be scheduled for automatic operation. A built-in FTP client and server are included in the HS-20, for either automated or manual file transfer and management. Record meetings, classes, or worship services on a regular schedule, then automatically upload the recording to a server and delete the recording, all without supervision. Or upload a new playlist for in-store music playback, including promotional announcements, all from a central location.
The HS-20 records to either SD Card or Compact Flash media, at up to 192kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV formats. Balanced and unbalanced connections are available on the rear panel, as well as RS-232C Serial and Parallel connections for wired remote control. It?s built on TASCAM?s more reliable recording platform, designed for broadcast use.
For automated recording or playback with network accessibility and control, TASCAM?s HS-20 is the only choice.
FTP client for uploading and downloading files to/from servers.
The included FTP client function allows the user to move files using a network computer, or from the HS-20 unit itself.
Automatic uploading function
After recording, the HS-20 can automatically upload recorded files to a designated server. This allows simple archive creation for recorded data. This is important for archiving regularly scheduled events like classes, lectures, worship services, and performances. Since uploading occurs in the background, recording and playback operations are not interrupted.
SNTP client function enables accurate time setting
The SNTP client functions of the HS-20 enable automatic synchronization of the date and time with an NTP server over the Internet. Automatic time synchronization can be set to occur whenever the unit is started, and every (24) hours.
Event lists with time-based management
Event lists enable the automatic playback of files such as background music and announcements - useful in retail stores and restaurants. Utilize the event lists for scheduled recording, playback, downloading and other events. By combining playback events with download events, audio files can be automatically retrieved from a server for playback. The HS-20 FTP server functions also enable centralized file management from a corporate headquarters to multiple locations - perfect for playing files simultaneously in a chain of retail stores.
SD/SDHC and Compact Flash Recording Media
In addition to Compact Flash cards (widely used in the broadcast industry), the HS-20 also supports SD and SDHC cards. The HS-20 was designed for solid-state recording - with no moving parts and immunity to vibration. This design ensures broadcast-level reliability and durability in any environment.
Features at a glance
- FTP client function support enables uploading and downloading files from the HS-20 without supervision
- FTP server function support enables uploading files to and downloading them from the HS-20 using an FTP client
- Event lists for recording, playback, downloading and other functions enabled with time-based management
- Uses SD/SDHC cards and CF cards (supports Ultra DMA)
- Mirror recording function between SD/SDHC and CF media
- Solid-state design with no moving parts for reliability and durability
- Editing functions and simple operation equivalent to a MiniDisc recorder
- 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz,16/24-bit resolutions supported
- Compatible with BWF and WAV files (playback only of WAV files)
- AES31 file import/export
- JPPA flash start playlist import/export
- Playlist mode allows takes to be added to a playlist and played back in the desired order
- Take mode handles recorded takes separately
- Touchscreen TFT color display allows intuitive operation
- Files can be copied between USB flash drives and CF/SD cards
- RC-HS20PD and RC-SS20 remote controls (sold separately) supported and can be used to flash start from 100 or 20 points, respectively
- Flash starting is also possible using parallel control, serial control or a keyboard
- FTP file transfer and remote control using telnet over 1000BASE-T LAN
- Real-time operating system reduces application stress and realizes quick operation and high stability
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing) supported
- 25-pin D-sub connector for parallel control
- 9-pin D-sub connector for RS-232C serial control
- Jog and shuttle functions.
- Auto cue, auto ready and incremental play functions
- Analog XLR/RCA outputs
- XLR AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs
- RCA S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs
- Headphone output
- Word clock input, output and thru
- PS/2 and USB keyboard connections
- BNC video reference (NTSC/PAL black burst and HDTV Tri-level signals) supported
- Timecode synchronization and RS-422 serial remote control can being supported by installing optional SY-2
- EIA 2U rack mount size
- RoHS compliant