Tieline Genie Distribution is the world's most powerful DSP-based IP audio codec for multipoint audio distribution over a wide range of wired and wireless IP networks.
Designed for the latest digital IP broadcast networks, Genie Distribution is the most feature-packed audio distribution codec with multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy.
Genie Distribution delivers superior quality audio over IP (AoIP) on LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, 3G, 4G, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is specifically designed for continuous operation over mission critical audio paths throughout broadcast IP networks. It is ideal for: Stereo IP audio distribution to up to 50 individual multi-unicast end-points. Stereo Studio-to-Transmitter Links (STLs) to multiple endpoints. IP multicasting to unlimited endpoints over compatible IP networks. Distributing up to 6 channels of high quality audio between two codecs.
Genie Distribution is capable of 24bit 96kHz low latency linear PCM audio, delivering unsurpassed sonic clarity. The codec also features a full complement of professional algorithms including the low delay and cascade-resilient E-apt-X algorithm, as well as the popular LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, Opus, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711 algorithms. Asymmetric encoding and decoding lets you send high quality audio in one direction and save on data by sending low bandwidth program on the return channel.
Genie Distribution features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000), dual redundant power supplies, audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air. Automated network failure detection provides switching to a backup IP LAN connection.
Automatic silence detection can fail over to an alternative audio input using the optional input expansion card, or playback MP2 or MP3 audio files from a thumb-drive drive attached to Genie's USB Host port.
• DSP-based architecture designed for 24/7/365 operation
• 24 Bit 96kHz audio sampling (32kHz audio quality)
• Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports with automatic switching for redundancy
• Up to six channels of balanced audio in/out via DB-25 audio expansion connector
• Up to 50 stereo IP multi-unicast connections to individual end-points
• Stereo Multicasting to unlimited end-points over compatible networks
• Auto switching, dual redundant AC power supplies
• Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resiliant E-apt-X algorithm
• Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, Opus, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711
• IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready
• Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode*
• Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection
• G5 Toolbox GUI enables remote codec control over WANs
• Codec Management System compatible for codec network management
• Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel
• Programmable software rules engine via a GUI for Control Port functions
• Streamlined codec wizards and GUI for configuration and control
• Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French and Chinese.
• Connect to all Tieline IP codecs