Replacement VoxPro Control Surface only.
Need to record a call (or any audio), edit it, customize it, and have it on the air RIGHT NOW?!!! VoxPro6 is what you need. Thousands of studios, control rooms, newsrooms and editing suites in broadcast facilities worldwide use VoxPro 24/7/365.
VoxPro digital audio editing system is the de facto standard for live radio recording, editing and airing of clips in control and newsrooms worldwide. With it, clips can be recorded, edited and aired in moments.
For the user, VoxPro6 offers advanced features including Auto-Import, Auto-Record, EZ-Export, Automatic Gain Control, networked file access, customizable folders, and our trademark VoiceSlip effect for handling host/caller talk-over.
For the engineering staff or system administrator, VoxPro5 makes networking a snap; its flexibility and versatility allow it to be used in any physical or network configuration. User accounts are managed by means of simple ASCII text files, and user audio files are maintained in a standard Windows format.
Fast, reliable, and easy-to-learn, it consists of VoxPro software and a USB hardware control panel. Administrative functions allow management of disk space. An unlimited number of users create password protected folders for their own work. Unlimited undo and redo, remote start, and one-button insert record are just a few of VoxPro’s more used features. 10 Gig of hard drive storage holds about fifteen hours of stereo files.
Using intuitive icons and transport keys, the control panel allows users to speedily record and edit audio. VoxPro digitally records and edits voice, sound effects, and music clips on two tracks. All popular file formats, including MP3, MP2, WAV, AIFF and WMA files can be imported and exported individually or in groups. With a third party codec, you can also use M4A (iTunes format).
Among the VoxPro6 upgrades is a feature that enables talent to simultaneously record audio while editing or playing back other audio. Also new: a Gap-Buster function to automatically remove silence from interviews and phone calls, support for Hotkey and Marker labels in any of the world’s languages, color-coded Markers, and a detachable Hotkey panel. There’s also an option to hide the Editor and File List to reduce on-screen clutter, and greater integration with Wheatstone’s WheatNet-IP audio network, including control for routing, salvos and playback tallies with end warning flash.
“We’ve combined all the intuitive capability that VoxPro is known for with several new features, then we Wheaty-ized it to turn it into an even more powerful tool in the broadcast studio,” says Rick Bidlack, lead engineer for VoxPro.
And no, you aren't imagining it. The VoxPro 6 Controller is now re-styled with a smooth black finish to match the black finish of other Wheatstone control surfaces and rack products.
VoxPro is a broadcast-specific digital recorder/editor. Its controller interface and software applications are designed to record, edit and play back clips in real time on-the-air. VoxPro is a staple in many studios to record and edit call-ins, interviews, ad hoc comments and spots.
New features in VoxPro6
- Gap-Buster effect (automatic silence removal).
- Simultaneous playback and record (record in background while playing and editing in foreground).
- Ability to copy/move/delete/rename files from the Search panel.
- Support for Unicode labels in Hotkeys and Markers.
- Color-coded Markers, new graphical method to precisely position location of markers.
- WheatNet-IP (WNIP) routing controls.
- WNIP playback tally with end warning flash.
- User option for exclusive Hotkey playback mode.
- User option to disable remote control inputs and outputs.
- Detachable Hotkeys window, ability to hide Editor and File List panels.
- Rich set of playback options
- Editable recordings with several ways to create and use edit points
- Infinite undo/redo capability persists for the lifetime of a file
- Audio effects including normalization, mute, bleep, reverse, pitch change, and
- time stretch
- Import and Export files in standard formats
- Customizable scrubbing for fast and accurate positioning while editing
- Password protected user accounts
- Optional control panel with most commonly used controls, including jog wheel
- Any number of Hotkeys available for immediate one-button playback
- MultiTrack panel allowing additional support files overlayed on title track.
VoxPro Control Surface
- Measures 8.25" x 10". Takes up very little real estate.
- Ruggedly built to professional specifications to withstand normal control room abuse.
- Hotkey titles appear five at a time in the backlit LCD directly above the corresponding key.
- USB device.
- Updated interface screen design with options to view it in a Classic VoxPro layout; with MultiTracks open; and/or with on-screen Hotkeys open. Your choice with the click of an icon.
- MultiTrack feature allows the placement of music and sound effects to any Master Edit with a drag and drop feature.
- On-screen Hotkeys with the ability to set-up an endless number of tab pages and up to 12 rows per tab, five Hotkeys per row. Drag and drop edited bits, music and sound effects.
- Resize fonts in the Edit List and for Hotkey labels.
- Place the Edit List on the left or right side of the VoxPro window when in MultiTrack and/or Hotkey mode.
- Multi-Channel Playback - Play a Hotkey bit while recording other content in VoxPro.
- Mobile Devise Audio Support for remote talent. Record and upload content that will instantly import into VoxPro.
- Blog your bits by exporting on-air bits and spots in web friendly bit rates to share with listeners and clients.
- Automatically search all reachable VoxPro accounts.
- Effects - Pitch and Time and are combined as one effect allowing simultaneous pitch shift with time stretch.
- Effects - Normalization has flexible options. Left, Right, both jointly or independently plus the ability to set peak level.
- AGC VoxPro’s AGC boosts the timid and limits the loud on either or both channels. Say goodbye to caller levels that are too low and hello to consistent levels!
- Markers - Place markers while recording or playing back by pressing the ‘M’ key on your computer keyboard. Write a note for the marker. All markers with notes are listed in a dropdown window. Double clicking a marker note title takes you to that mark in the recording. Right clicking a title allows you to edit the note, playback from that marker or go to the marker. Great for interviews, baseball or football games. Anything that will require documentation of “points of interest” in the file.
- Auto-Network Forget about dealing with IP addresses and computer IDs. VoxPro workstations connected to your station's LAN automatically detect each other and stay connected, allowing users to access their password protected accounts from any VoxPro workstation.
- Zoom - Zoom in VP5 includes a sub-menu with four Zoom levels, x1, x4, x10 and max. Press the Q key on your computer keyboard or the zoom key on the optional VoxPro control panel and the wave form window view zooms in 100 times for very precise editing. You can even playback files in the zoom position as the zoom effect stays on until the Q or zoom key is pressed again.
- Auto-Import VoxPro users can choose any folder anywhere on the station's LAN and have VoxPro check that folder every 30 seconds for any incoming media files. If a file is detected it automatically gets "sucked-up" and into the users current folder.
- EZ-Export - If you find yourself continually exporting to one particular folder either on your VoxPro computer anywhere on the station's LAN, you can set up VoxPro to always export only to that folder with the EZ-Export right click command when a file title is highlighted. In VP5 the individual user sets up this feature and it includes any MultiTrack mix created.
- Standard WAV format files VoxPro uses the industry standard RIFF WAV file format for universal compatibility.
Minimum System Requirements for running VoxPro6
· P3 Processor or higher (P6/Core/Core Duo/Core-2,etc recommended)
· 500MB RAM · Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
· Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
· DirectX 11
· USB port for Control Panel
· USB port for HASP dongle
Sound Card or Audio Device
· 16-bit Audio
· 44.1Khz or 48 kHz sample rate
· WDM driver with full DirectSound support
Optional: WheatNet-IP Driver to Network via Ethernet
(in this case, no soundcard needed)
Recommended System Requirements for running VoxPro5
· Any modern Intel or AMD-based 32- or 64-bit processor
· 4GB RAM
· 500GB hard drive (each GB of hard drive space represents approximately 1.7 hours of recording time).