The ProHD BR-EN900 is a professional grade H.265 & H.264 hardware encoder housed in a compact low footprint streaming appliance. With real-time 100% hardware HEVC compression, it enables users to stream broadcast quality 1080p video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared with the best H.264 encoders.
- Designed for broadcast and remote production applications
- Supports both HEVC and H.264
- Simultaneous encoding of streams to different destinations such as hardware decoders and CDNs.
- Delivers best-in-class HEVC video quality up to 1080 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 when combined with ProHD BR-DE900 decoder.
- HEVC reduces network bandwidth by up to 50% compared to H.264 (or increases video quality by 100% at same bitrate)
- Reduces costs associated with dedicated Satellite, Cellular, Broadband network pipes
- Error-free video from remote locations utilizing Zixi™ — the most resilient video transport over the internet.
- Transport infrastructure agnostic: Satellite, xDSL, LANs, WANs, 3G/4G/LTE and FTTx
- Versatile inputs include 3G-SDI, HDMI, DVI and composite, plus analog and digital audio
- Portable and small size
The BR-EN900 delivers the industry's best video quality enabling users to stream broadcast quality HD/SD video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to H.264.
From live news broadcasting in the field, point-to-point contribution of HD video, live streaming from or within sports venues, the BR-EN900 makes it more efficient than ever to deliver the highest quality IPTV streams over satellite links, private networks and over the internet. Powered by an all-hardware compression chip, it sets new industry standards in video quality, bit rate, and latency. The BR-EN900 encoder provides best-in class HEVC video quality up to 4:2:2 10-bit.
Integrating with any video environment, the BR-EN900 offers a large selection of inputs including 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DVI, HDMI and Composite video as well as analog and digital audio (embedded and discrete). The on-board hardware scaler can be used for real-time downscaling, cropping and frame-sampling, delivering an optimized video output for your application. A built-in video matrix enables routing of video sources to both the HEVC and H.264 compression cores for simultaneous H.265 and H.264 streaming.
The portable HEVC encoder features low power consumption compared to software-based HEVC encoders running on large multi-CPU servers. The BR-EN900 makes it possible to take next generation HEVC encoding from the server rooms into the field for broadcast applications with easy integration to transport cases, TV trucks, portable cases, vehicles and aircraft. Covering an event or for sensitive applications, it's designed to always provide the best possible viewing experience. Shipping with Zixi™ stream protection technology, the appliance protects video, audio and metadata on networks with up to 30% packet loss or data corruption.