The PS4x4 features a backlit linear meter to monitor input voltage, which gives the user a familiar analog style readout when monitoring voltage from a power source. The PS 4×4 has a backlit linear Ammeter showing Load Current in amperes. This additional meter gives an analog “real-world” look at how much power you are using; hence the term “power station”.
While the associated voltmeter stays relatively stable and varies slightly with line voltage and house wiring, the ammeter varies much more, as power is consumed. For example, if the unit is in a rack with digital equipment and preamps, it may not vary a lot (even if you had 8 200 watt network computers hooked up, it would show if all are up and running). However, if it is in a rack with one or more power amps, the meter’s indicator may be bouncing all around – and providing a great indication of output.
- Features ART’s “4×4” distribution on the back of the unit – four of the eight rear outputs are 1.25 inches apart. This allows the user to plug in wide power cables and multiple wall wart devices, and still have eight total power outlets to choose from
- Surge and spike protection system, designed to protect powered equipment from harmful electric surges and spikes
- RFI and EMI filtering
- 15 amp breaker, and a total power capacity of 1800 watts
- front-located on/off power switch (which lights up when turned on), and a front-mounted circuit breaker reset switch
- Rugged, all-steel chassis occupies 1U rack spaces and is intended for installation into standard 19″ equipment racks
- Applications for the PS 4×4 include: Live Sound Systems/PA, Permanent or Fixed Installations, Church, Club and Practice PA Systems, DJ Sound Systems, Home and Project Recording Systems, and Monitor Systems
- One-year warranty