The Tube MP Project Series is a professional quality audio interface that lets you connect microphone, instrument, and line level signals to audio inputs to digital audio workstations as well as standard analog devices. We took our legendary Tube MP series and updated every aspect of the design, inside and out, while still maintaining a compact, reliable, cost effective product, and added a USB output.
From the new all-aluminum stackable chassis to the precision LED level metering circuitry, we have improved virtually every aspect of our already successful Tube MP series and added USB connectivity.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a common hardware interface used for quick and easy connection of peripherals like the ART USB TUBE MP.
The TUBE MP features a single Type B USB peripheral connector on the rear panel for outputting audio over USB to your computer. One of the nice features of USB is its Hot Swapping capability, allowing the Tube MP to be connected and disconnected without turning your computer off. The ART USB TUBE MP is fully USB 1.1 compliant, operating under Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, as well as Mac OS 9.1 or newer.
The new ultra low noise discrete microphone preamp front end has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and handles a wide range of input signal levels with a minimum of coloration.
- Clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources.
- High impedance 1/4″ instrument inputs optimized for guitar pickups allowing every nuance to be heard.
- High quality 12AX7A tube inside to add warmth to musical dynamics.
- External power supply to keep AC line noise and hum back at the wall.
- Input Gain control and switch to maximize input dynamic range and s control tube drive Input
- Switch selectable impedance to optimize microphone response on the front end.
- Maximizes vintage ribbon or studio grade microphones
- Switch selectable high-pass filter to removes very low frequency rumble and wind noise before it has a chance to overload inputs
- Bessel filter design is set at a low 40Hz to preserve bass tonality and time domain response and it is very effective when tracking or interfacing to your computer based audio workstation
- Phantom power available for the XLR input and a clean +48 Volts DC from a low noise internal current limited supply prevent damage to sensitive microphones
- FET Limiter with fast attack and musical release times limits the maximum audio output level to prevent overloading succeeding equipment while maintaining clear uncompressed sound.
- Phase Invert switch allows you to switch signal polarity right at the source for mixing the signal output with other channels in a mix
- Output control comes after the Tube and Limiter to match the output level to a wide variety of systems
- Output section that provides high output signal drive capability to both outputs.
- Optional ART SM1 stand mount securely attaches the Tube MP USB to any microphone stand for live stage or studio applications is available