Broadcast Tools AES Silence Sentinel Standard - AES/EBU Digital Audio Silence Monitor
The Broadcast Tools® AES Silence Sentinel® Standard is designed to monitor an AES/EBU digital audio signal for silence or an out of phase audio condition, generate alarms and transparently switch to a back-up AES/EBU audio source. Signal bypass is built-in with AES input one passively routing to the AES output in the event of power loss. Integrated digital to analog converter with balanced stereo and headphone outputs. Additional features include: front panel controls, XLR AES input and output jacks, remote control inputs and status outputs; plug-in euro-block screw terminals; dipswitch selection of silence detection of -20, -25, -30 and -35db below zero reference; precise alarm timing delay from off to 85 minutes; precise restore timing delay from off to 10.2 minutes. The AES Silence Sentinel® Standard may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU.
AES/EBU program switcher with front panel input selection switches and indicator LED’s.
- Front panel “Manual/Automatic” switch with front panel LED, remote input and open collector status output.
- Integrated digital to analog converter with balanced stereo and headphone outputs.
- Audio silence sensor.
- Dipswitch selection of silence detection threshold of -20, -25, -30 and -35dB below zero dBu reference.
- Stereo LED audio level display.
- “External Ext” alarm trigger input with front panel LED indicator.
- Front Panel Power/Heartbeat LED.
- Dipswitch selection of reverse polarity (out of phase) detection.
- Dipswitch selection of alarm time delay from OFF to 8 minutes, 30 seconds in 2 second increments or 85 minutes in 20 second increments.
- Dipswitch selection of restore timing delay from OFF to 10 minutes and 20 seconds in 20 second increments.
- Two independent SPDT alarm relays and LED indicators.
- Two pulse open collector alarm outputs.
- Logic functions via microprocessor and non-volatile memory.
- Plug-in euro-block screw terminals, mating plugs supplied.
- Fully RFI proofed.
- Surge protected internal power supply, PS-1515 universal switching +/-15VDC power supply with domestic connectors supplied. International AC connectors optional.
Each unit may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or rack-mounted with the optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU.