PLACEMENT IN AIRCHAIN In HD Radio AES Audio Feed:
- 75-ohm ‘F’ connector. Receiver tunes 87.5 to 107.9MHz in 200kHz steps. An RF input level of 20dBμV or more assures reliable operation.
- AES Digital Audio I/O:AES3 (XLR) digital audio loop-through; 44.1kHz sampling rate
- Network Interface: LAN (RJ45) connection to local network and through user’s router to Internet for full Web Interface remote control and monitoring.
In Analog FM AES Audio Feed:
- Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the HD Radio exciter, the JUSTIN 808 will automatically correct diversity delay errors and r.m.s. level errors between the FM and HD1 programs
DELAY CORRECTIONCorrection Resolution:
- Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the analog FM stereo encoder, the JUSTIN 808 is capable of providing the entire diversity delay, if required. It will automatically correct diversity delay errors, but cannot normalize r.m.s. level errors between the two programs.
Maximum Delay Error Correction:
Time Required to Correlate Delay Errors:
- Corrects to ±1 sample (±23 μs)
Time Required to Correct Delay Errors:
- Small delay errors (up to 0.4 seconds) require up to 30 seconds to correlate; delay errors of 10 seconds could require as much as 3.5 minutes.
“Catch-Up” Button Feature:
- Correction rate is user-programmable between 1 and 1000 samples per second (23μs/sec to 23ms/sec).
AUDIO LEVEL & PHASE CORRECTION
- A front-panel menu item, also accessible via the Web Interface, permits a manual time alignment quick reset to a previous long-term mean value. This obviates correlation acquisition and brings time alignment close to the required figure.
The JUSTIN 808 offers automatic program phase correction when a phase reversal is sensed between the analog FM and digital HD1 program channels. R.M.S. level correction is also available when the JUSTIN 808 is placed in the AES digital audio feed to the HD Radio exciter.ALARMS AND LOGGINGAlarm Conditions
1. RSSI (Low RF signal)
2. Audio Loss or Levels Out of Range
- a. AES Loop-Through
- b. Off-air FM Audio
- c. Off-air HD1 Audio
3. Out of Alignment Range (user preset)Alarm Indications:
1. Front-panel OLED display
2. Rear-panel ground-closure ‘tallies’ with selectable logic polarity
3. SMS-text/email notifications via SMTP
4. JUSTIN 808 Webpage indicationAlarm Logging:
All alarms are logged by the JUSTIN 808; statistics are presented graphically via the Web Interface and may be downloaded for follow-up study.WEB INTERFACE
The JUSTIN 808 Web Interface is compatible with desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smart phones, and supports SNMP with a downloadable MIB file. All functions available at the front panel are duplicated by the Web Interface.MISCELLANEOUSPower Requirements:
- 105 - 130VAC or 210 - 260VAC, 50/60Hz; 20 watts
Size and Weight:
- 1¾”H x 19”W x 9”D (1U); 10 lbs. (shipping weight)
- 0°C - 50°C operating temperature range; 95% noncondensing relative humidity; up to 3000 meters AMSL